It makes me so happy that my kids get to grow up in Colorado. Growing up here myself, I am freaking pumped that they get to share some of the same values without us having to really force them. Which got me thinking….how can one identify a Colorado native? Let’s explore together, shall we?…
- We don’t have to think to hard about which direction is WEST (towards the mountains, homies).
- We’ve never doubted GOD:
- We think people who say they struggle to drive in snow are, well, pussies.
- We know who Jake Jabs is. Though we don’t entirely understand how tigers relate to American Furniture Warehouse, it’s so cool he gets to play with them.
- April showers bring random and debilitating May snowfalls
- Tom Shane is our boy, and we can recite the following with more accuracy then the Lord’s Prayer: “The Shane Company, just off Arapahoe Road on Imporia, one-half mile east of 1-25. Open Monday through Friday til 8, Saturday and Sunday til 5.”
- We know snow is coming when it smells like cow shit (Thanks, Greeley)
- I say Cash Cow, you think 104.3. Best station ever. I’m talking Boyz to Men and Toni Toni Toni. Pre-107.5 y’all
- We believe Casa Bonita’s cliff divers are idols and truthfully, quite exotic
- Camping is a family value, not, as my friend in New York says “like playing homeless.”
- We suck at dealing with REAL bad weather (like true East Coast cold, or 2 days without sunshine or FLOODS people?)
- I’m pretty sure our state bird is Kenny from South Park
Ah Colorado, how I adore thee…