Well, we’re back from paradise: Hawaii. It was so lovely to get away from everything with our little foursome. As always, I worked hard on my tan. But alas, I am Irish. Thus I burned a little and now have nothing to show for it. Bleh. But I’m so vain, I’ll never give up.
There were so many highlights it’s hard to remember them all. Here are a few of our favorite moments…
- Reconnecting with our cousins and seeing our God Children, Henry and Yona. It was our first time meeting Henry and when asked yesterday what Cora’s favorite part of Hawaii was she said without prompting: “Henry and Yona.”
- Walking and taking the trolley around Oahu
- Red velvet and guava chiffon pancakes at Cinnamon’s
- Picnics on the beach with the Cole-Fabers (cousins)
- Girls night out for drinks with Alana
- Eating meals in fancy hotels: Hyatt, the Grand Wailea, the Hilton and taking advantage of their beachfront views
- Date nights…dinners and beach walks…we got a sitter three nights so we could have some time..
- Kierian’s first time in the pool
- Cora seeing her “first island princesses”
- Cora and her goggles, I think I am beginning to understand why her first word was “fish”..
- sand castles with Daddy
- Seeing whales off the lanai
- Naked time..
- Seeing Cora dance freely all by her little self at every restaurant that had musicians
- Seeing our kids interact together
- Hawaiian shaved ice
- Spending quality time with the kids and as a family
Man, we seriously contemplated not coming back. The kids were amazing and we had such a relaxing time chatting, sleeping, eating and doing all the good stuff in life. Time to start saving for the next trip there…