Over the weekend and until yesterday, I went to NYC to get a little break in the action. My little brother Conor came with me. It was totally freaking amazing. For years after we moved away, I went to the city at least once a year. But I hadn’t been in over five years this go ’round. I was really reminded why I love it there so much.
A few highlights…
- Spending time with my good friend Bryn in Brooklyn and meeting her man (and her dog, Ludo):
- Walking and taking the subway everywhere.
- Visiting my old hood
- Seeing old teaching friends:
- Going out ’til 4 in the morning (or at least attempting to-I crashed and burned)
- Dancing at gay bars
- Watching my bro fall in love with the city for the first time
- Boba, belts and sunglasses in Chinatown
- Haru Sushi, Cafe Lalo, Jackson Heights Indian Diner, Dallas BBQ
- Walking around Central Park and finding the spot where Luke and I got engaged
- Meeting up with friends from Study Abroad Nepal:
Man, this trip made me remember why I love it there so much. Looks like I might have to reintroduce the annual trip…